Meet David M. Yates, DMD, MD, FACS
Cranial & Facial Surgeon El Paso TX
Dr. David Yates MD, DMD, FACS is passionate about serving children with Cranial and Facial deformities and Cleft Lip and Palate. He is a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and was recently awarded the inaugural “Physician of the Year” award by El Paso Children’s Hospital.
Craniofacial & Oral Surgery Expertise
He is the Division Chief of Cranial and Facial Surgery at El Paso Children’s Hospital and has been critical in bringing complex craniofacial surgery to the region.
In addition to being a partner with High Desert Oral and Facial Surgery, he directs the craniofacial clinic at El Paso Children’s Hospital and the craniofacial clinic at Providence Memorial Hospital. He has also been integral in starting a clinic for children with Cleft Lip and Palate in Juarez, Mexico at the Hospital De La Familia (FEMAP).
He serves on the national committee for Cleft, Craniofacial, and Pediatric Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and is a reviewer for the Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Journal. He regularly participates in international humanitarian trips for cleft lip and palate and craniofacial surgery and has been featured in multiple news stories about the children he has impacted. He gives numerous presentations at different conferences around the country and has operated on kids from all over the world.
Watch Dr. Yates at the El Paso Children’s Hospital Symposium 2023
View More Success Stories by Dr. David Yates, DMD, MD, FACS
Outside the Office
He is now happily settled with his wife and four kids serving the greater El Paso/Las Cruces/Juarez area.
Education and Training:
- Undergraduate: Wheaton College
- Dental School: University of Florida
- Medical School: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
- General Surgery Internship: Parkland Hospital/UT Southwestern
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency: Parkland Hospital UT Southwestern
- Craniofacial and Cleft Surgery Fellowship: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center: Shreveport
Awards, Recognition, and Professional Affiliations
- Division Chief of Cranial and Facial Surgery, El Paso Children’s Hospital
- Fellowship Director: El Paso Cleft and Craniofacial Fellowship
- Director: Craniofacial Clinic EPCH
- Director: Craniofacial Clinic Providence Memorial Hospital
- Co-director: Las Cruces Cleft Lip and Palate Team
- Co-director: Cleft Lip and Palate Clinic (FEMAP) Juarez, Mexico
- AAOMS National Committee for Cleft, Craniofacial, and Pediatric Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Vice-Chair of the Pediatric and Cleft and Craniofacial Clinical Interest Group at AAOMS
- Member: El Paso Cleft Lip and Palate Team
- Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- “Physician of the Year” El Paso Children’s Hospital 2018
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at the TTUHSC, El Paso – Paul Foster School of Medicine
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)