Welcome to our COVID-19 Information Page
High Desert Oral & Facial Surgery is actively monitoring the emerging and rapidly evolving COVID-19 outbreak. We are staying up to date with the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and state and local health departments. High Desert Oral and Facial Surgery has safeguards in place to protect our patients and our team members and to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. In an effort to keep everyone safe, we are asking patients experiencing flu-like symptoms to call and reschedule their appointments. Below we have provided some other information and resources to assist you.
What we do at High Desert Oral and Facial Surgery to Protect Your Safety and Our Staff
- Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single use disposable materials, and more.
- All patients and visitors will be screened upon entering our office. Please do not enter our office if you are ill.
Frequently Asked Questions
What general precautions should you take as a patient?
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Stat at home if you’re sick including, flu, coughing, runny nose, congestion, sneezing etc. Check for Coronavirus Symptoms
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Summary
- CDC: What to do if you are sick?
- Coronavirus and patient screening: Recommended actions for dentists
- CDC Developing Guidance Regarding Responding to COVID-19 in Dental Settings
Wishing you the best of health,
High Desert Oral and Facial Surgery